Androgynous Tribal Make Up Tutorial with Mojo Disco & Gerard Miller
In addition to their work at Qwear, Mojo Disco is known for their amazing make up tutorials and artistry.
This Androgynous Tribal look was inspired by model Gerard Miller's personal style. Follow Mojo on Facebook for more looks to try!
1. Morphe gel liner in Slate
2. MAC matte eyeshadow in Swiss Chocolate
3. NYX pressed pigment in Hot Black
4. NYX Noir pencil
5. & 6. MAC pro conceal NC45
7. Black Opal deluxe finishing powder in Medium
8. Elf Clear Mascara
9. Amore En Cosmetics liquid lipstick in Brick House
10. & 11. LA Splash Cosmetics body art liner in Alabaster
1. Start by applying a dark cream shadow base to the eyelids. This will really help your smoky eye stay in place.
2. Blend out harsh lines with a neutral brown color to help accentuate the smokey effect. Blend into the eyelid crease with a fluffy pointed crease brush
3. Apply dark eyeshadow on top of cream shadow with a shadow brush using patting motions. Take your time!
4. Line the bottom lid with a dark eyeliner pencil or crayon to help define the eyes. This will add definition to the eye shape. Wipe off any access shadow fallout with a makeup wipe
5. Apply concealer to clean up the under eye area as well as highlight the cheek. Blend it in with a blending sponge.
6. Define the nose bridge with the same concealer. This technique will help define and slim out the nose.
7. Add warmth to the face by contouring cheeks, nose and forehead with a deeper toned shading power or bronzer. Use a light brush and a light hand. Blend with dense brush.
8. Groom lashes with a clear brow/mascara gel. This will help the hairs stay in place and lay flat.
9. Apply a red lipstick to the top lip only. Use a lip brush for a more precise application
10. Apply tribal marks with a paint/ink pen. Use pointed cotton swabs for greater precision.
11. Apply a strip of the paint to the center of the bottom lip. Be careful not to paint it too high as it will be smeared by the top lipstick.