Theheartyousingto asked: "I wore a uniform in school and now wear a uniform at work and have suddenly found myself in my early twenties without a real sense of personal style or rad clothes to wear!
"Any advice for some necessary basics or tips for getting started on a new wardrobe? I’d call myself a dapper femme, if that’s a thing :) Thanks for any help!"
This High Tied Top will go with pretty much anything and can be dressed up or down with jeans and skirts. Available at Modcloth for $29.99 (2 left! Grab now)
Blazers also go with everything. Structured Blazer, available at Topshop for $130
Yijie Laced Shoes, on sale at YOOX for $128
Here’s a complete list of everything I think a dapper femme should have in their closet:
- At least 2 dresses, one playful, one fancy
- Several skirts for easy mixing and matching. American Apparel and ASOS have great simple skirts!
- Cute tops that can be dressed up for down. H&M, American Apparel, and Modcloth are perfect for this.
- Several T-shirts: Scoop necks and V necks
- Sweaters and cardigans
- A Blazer. Try Topshop or H&M
- Belts: Brown and Black
- A Pair of Jeans
- Shoes: Black, Brown, Street Shoes, Flats, strappy sandals
- A few button-ups. Try the Gap or H&M
As Qwear's Founding Editor, Sonny’s work centers around envisioning a future in which the clothing people wear does not dictate their chances of survival. Sonny was awarded 2015 dapperQ of the Year and was the first trans blogger to be sponsored by Topman. In March 2016, Sonny spoke at South by South West's first official queer fashion panel.