The Dapper Femme's Starter Kit
Theheartyousingto asked: "I wore a uniform in school and now wear a uniform at work and have suddenly found myself in my early twenties without a real sense of personal style or rad clothes to wear!
"Any advice for some necessary basics or tips for getting started on a new wardrobe? I’d call myself a dapper femme, if that’s a thing :) Thanks for any help!"
This High Tied Top will go with pretty much anything and can be dressed up or down with jeans and skirts. Available at Modcloth for $29.99 (2 left! Grab now)
Blazers also go with everything. Structured Blazer, available at Topshop for $130
Yijie Laced Shoes, on sale at YOOX for $128
Here’s a complete list of everything I think a dapper femme should have in their closet:
- At least 2 dresses, one playful, one fancy
- Several skirts for easy mixing and matching. American Apparel and ASOS have great simple skirts!
- Cute tops that can be dressed up for down. H&M, American Apparel, and Modcloth are perfect for this.
- Several T-shirts: Scoop necks and V necks
- Sweaters and cardigans
- A Blazer. Try Topshop or H&M
- Belts: Brown and Black
- A Pair of Jeans
- Shoes: Black, Brown, Street Shoes, Flats, strappy sandals
- A few button-ups. Try the Gap or H&M